Kumbhalgarh and Ranakpur: Private Day Trip from Udaipur8 Reviews
Get ready to discover the secrets behind the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kumbhalgarh Fort with the help of your tour guide. Then, visit the famous Jain Temple in Ranakpur.
- Discover a lesser-known fort, not crowded by tourists
- Choose flexible start time (between 6:00 AM-10:00 AM) for your convenience
- Enjoy a relaxing scenic drive into the Indian countryside
- Explore the world’s second largest wall
- Learn about Jainism principles through the beautiful temples of Ranakpur
DescriptionChoose a convenient pickup time from your hotel between 6:00 AM and 10:00 AM. Journey into the Aravalli hills on a scenic drive (approximately 2.5 hours) from Udaipur to Kumbhalgarh. A local English-speaking guide will join you to explain the significance of Mewar in Rajasthani history. The thick walls of this fort (the second longest in the world) stretch for 36 kilometers and offer splendid views and easy hiking opportunities. With more than 350 temple structures, bunkers, and palaces dating back to the 1400s, it is no surprise this remote fort was declared an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Stop for a well-deserved lunch at a multi-cuisine restaurant or try local Mewari food (at your own expense). Then drive to Ranakpur, home to India’s biggest Jain temple. Comprising of massive marble domes and pillars, this house of worship is considered sacred by Jains. Spend some time walking around, as your guide explains the Jain principles of non-violence and non-possessiveness. After a memorable day, bid farewell to your guide and head back to Udaipur to your hotel or other preferred location within city limits. The tour ends approximately ten hours after the start time.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from Udaipur Airport, railway station, or a hotel within Udaipur city limits Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Private tour guide All parking fees, fuels, tolls, and taxes Bottled water and an umbrella Additional meals Additional services Gratuities
- Total duration of tour may be exceeded in the event of traffic. Please plan your day accordingly.
- Please note that there is a steep inclined walk at the fort. It is recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Please carry sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat/cap to protect yourself from the heat
- Guests are requested to wear clothes that cover their shoulders and knees, in order to enter the temples
- Cigarettes and leather items (for example belts, wallets, bags) are prohibited in the Jain temple. Avoid carrying these items or leave them in the car.
- Shoes and socks must be removed at the Jain temple
- Consider carrying light refreshments or snacks with you
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY