My Guide Website?
Jaipur: Full-Day Shekhawati Tour
Discover the history of Shekhawati on a private day tour. Shekhawati is a part of Rajasthan, which is situated in the north of Rajasthan. This area is famous for fresco paintings and its old "havelis", for both national and international tourists.
- Tour with a private guide for a more personalized experience
- Get excellent value for money
- Receive a more personalized experience
- Be picked up and dropped off from your accommodation
- See the 'open-art gallery of India'
DescriptionYour experience will begin at 8:00AM, as you are picked up from your hotel in Jaipur. From there you can relax in a private air-conditioned vehicle as your driver takes you on the 4-hour journey to reach the Shekhawati region. Shekhawati is a semi-dry and historical region located in the northeast part of Rajasthan, India. It is famous for its rich heritage and beautiful architectures full of fresco paintings, and is hence also known as “open-air art gallery”. Nowadays Shekhawati is the most favorite tourist destination for those visiting India wanting to experience this heritage-rich territory. It is legendary for its painted havelis and paintings, well-known for their wall painting depicting mythological and historical subjects. Large wooden doors guard the havelis, and a smaller door is used for day-to-day entering. A sophisticated wooden carving with fancy bronze iron fittings implies the wealth of a haveli's owner, with the ground floor normally recessed in such a way that the balcony overhangs the street. Mandawa is a small town in the heart of Shekhawati region, and is a place is known not only for its havelis but also for its Fort Palace. The structure of the palace is reminiscent of the cultural and social importance of this region in the past. Of the havelis, the most important are the Chokhani, Ladia, Bansidhar Newatia, and Gulab Rai Ladia Haveli. Another haveli, the Binsidhar Newatia Haveli, is known for its curious paintings. Finally, you will discover Nawalgarh, which is famous for its fort which was built by Thakur Nawal Singh. The Bala Quila has a kiosk with beautiful ceiling paintings, while the Roop Niwas Palace has now been converted into a hotel. After seeing the beauty of Shekhawati you will return to Jaipur where your guide will bid you farewell.
IncludesHotel/airport/railway station pickup and drop-off Bottled water Private, air-conditioned, and chauffeur-driven vehicle for sightseeing Fuel Parking charges Professional guide Toll taxes and interstate taxes All government taxes Accommodation Personal expenses Other activities not mentioned Monument entrance fees Meal expenses Driver/guide’s tips (recommended) Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase) Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals are not included
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- The dress code is smart casual, please be advised that short shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended in the temple
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable shoes
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now