My Guide Website?
Eat Like a Local: Chandni Chowk Street Food and Walking Tour24 Reviews
Designed for foodies, this walking tour is the perfect way to sample the best street food and snacks Delhi has to offer. Weave through bustling lanes of Chandni Chowk and Spice Markets, taking in the vibrancy of Indian bazaars, sampling ten unique items.
- Taste over ten different drinks and dishes, including seasonal specials
- Experience the legendary 150-year old eatery at Parathewali Galli
- Stroll around the narrow lanes and explore the markets on a super fun rickshaw ride
- Get acquainted with the different cultures
- Indulge your senses at Asia’s largest wholesale Spice Market
DescriptionWhat better way to explore a city than its food! Explore India and its culture and tradition in this amazing food and heritage walk of the glorious city of Old Delhi! You tour will start with your guide picking you up from your hotel and taking you on a metro ride. After reaching Old Delhi, your first stop will be at Gurudwara Sis Ganj, (Sikh Gurudara with an important historic reference) where you can learn about the community kitchen service. Begin your food walk with, some sweet jalebis (deep fried sweet dish made by corn flour and sugar syrup) and samosa (fried triangular bread stuffed with potatoes) from a 100-year-old shop. Walk ahead with your guide to try Raj Kachori (kind of chat filled with fresh yogurt, sweet and sour sauces in a crispy edible bowl.) Once you’re done here, get ready to stuff some gorgeous paranthas (Indian flatbread filled with a variety of stuffing’s like cheese, cashews, chilli, and lemon to name a few!), Kulia ki chaat (different fruit bowls filled with chickpeas and masala) and a very unique fruit sandwich. After this, walk towards the spice market to see the whole world of spices and then fill your belly some more with dishes like rabri-faluda (rice noodles), chole bhatura (chickpeas curry and fried bread) and a chilled glass of Lassi! (Sweetened yogurt) Finish your gastronomic journey with some chilled and mouth-watering kulfi (Indian ice cream with more than 50 flavours) before your guide takes you back to the metro station.
IncludesMetro and tuk-tuk rides to and from meeting point Pickup and drop-off to hotel in a private air-conditioned car (if option chosen) English-speaking local guide 1 free Polaroid picture per booking Food and drink items that are part of this tour
- This tour offers only vegetarian food options. Some of them contain dairy products.
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please inform your guide in advance.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- As this is crowded area, please take care of your personal belongings and beware of pickpockets
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 12 people per booking is allowed
- A minimum of two participants are required for the meeting point option. If you want a private tour, please choose the pickup and drop-off option.