My Guide Website?
Delhi: Old and New Delhi City Highlights Private Tour390 Reviews
Embark on a full-day tour of New and Old Delhi to discover the highlights of India's capital city. Amble down the city's most bustling streets. Gaze at buildings with untold religious significance.
- Explore the 2 main sections of India's capital, New and Old Delhi
- Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the streets of Chandni Chowk
- Admire the 17th-century Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque
- Swing by the Presidential House and Parliament
DescriptionYour full-day tour of India’s capital begins with the historic portion of the city, Old Delhi. After pickup from your hotel, set off towards the Red Fort, which was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, who also built the Taj Mahal. Afterwards, you’ll weave through the bustling shopping area of Chandni Chowk by rickshaw, ending up at the Jama Masjid, a 17th-century mosque that is the largest in India. After stopping for an authentic local lunch, you’ll head into New Delhi, visiting the Qutub Minar, the world’s tallest brick minaret, before stopping at the Tomb of the Mughal Emperor Humayun. Next it’s off to the India Gate, a memorial to the Indian soldiers who died during World War I, before heading to the Lotus Temple, elegantly designed in the shape of a lotus flower. To cap things off you’ll drive past the Presidential House and the Parliament Buildings before being driven back to your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Transport via air-conditioned car with driver (if option booked). Live tour guide Monument entrance tickets (if option booked). Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi Bottled mineral water All taxes
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please note that if you select a start time later than 11:00 AM, you will only be able to cover New Delhi portion of the tour: India Gate, Parliament House, Humayun's Tomb, Qutub Minar, and Lotus Temple