My Guide Website?
Delhi: Gandhi's Journey Half-Day Tour16 Reviews
Discover the journey of Indian legend Mahatma Gandhi and his role in India's independence. Learn the message of non-violence that he spread all across the globe.
- Visit Birla House where Gandhi ji spent his last 144 days and was shot down
- Visit Rajghat (Gandhi’s memorial) and then discover the National Gandhi Museum, for a deeper look into the man’s life
- Pay a visit to Rajghat (Gandhi’s memorial) and then pay a visit to National Gandhi Museum for a deeper understanding into Gandhi’s life
- Experience the city through the father of Indian independence
DescriptionAt the start of the trip your guide will pick you up from your Hotel at 10:00 AM and in an air-conditioned vehicle. Your Journey starts with a visit to Gandhi Smriti (Gandhi Memorial) where Gandhi spent the last 144 days of his life and where he was assassinated on 30th January 1948. Visit the museum here associated with life and death of Gandhi. Next, Visit the Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum. Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum was the residence of the former Prime Minister of India (First Women Prime Minister of India). It was later converted into a museum. One can see the collection of rare photographs of the Nationalist movement, the personal moments of the Nehru-Gandhi family and her childhood. Continue to Raj Ghat, located on the banks of the River Yamuna. Raj Ghat is a memorial to Gandhi inscribed with the words “Hey Ram” last words uttered by Gandhi. This is the place where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated. Your next and the final stop is National Gandhi Museum which has a rich collection of original books, journals, and documents, photographs, audio-video visuals closely related with Mahatma Gandhi. At the end of the trip, get dropped off back to the hotel or explore the city on your own.
IncludesShoe keeping tip Booklets Hotel pick up and drop-off option available Transportation by Metro/tuk-tuk Professional English-speaking guide
- Dress code is smart casual
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Pick-up and drop off from hotels in Noida, Gurgaon and Gurugram is available for an extra fee of $20 (or equivalent in Indian Rupees), payable in cash to the guide at the time of pick-up
- This tour does not operate on Mondays