My Guide Website?
Delhi: Flavors and Food Stories of New Delhi
Dig into the food of Delhi throughout a highly-detailed food walk with one of Delhi's "grub" experts. You will learn about the 4 Chapters of Delhi's food history, and can talk to the chefs as you help them prepare dishes.
- Hear the story of the 4 Chapters of Delhi’s food evolution
- Visit and volunteer at Gurudwara (a Sikh temple) and experience the “art of gratitude”
- Relish Chaat (a local’s food) at Delhi’s most famous chaat stall
- Indulge in Delhi’s signature butter chicken curry or a shahi paneer (Veg) accompanied by classic breads made in a clay oven
- Travel in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Savor one of the finest Mughlai kebab
DescriptionYour tour will start with the highly democratized common man’s food (Chaat) and Kebabs at Delhi’s most happening market. From there you will head towards the Momos Trail, Delhi’s recent food love. It will be at this point that you will sit down for a big dinner of North Indian theme. During this dinner you will try Delhi’s best butter chicken and naan bread, followed by a little surprise at the end. Your food experience is not complete without a visit to a 'mega kitchen' of Delhi which feeds thousands of people everyday, and you will be free to volunteer a few minutes towards the “art of gratitude” by cooking for others. Your transportation will be taken care of in an air-conditioned car with the company of your guide who also doubles as one of Delhi’s 'grub' experts.
IncludesAll food delicacies, dinner, and drinks Local transport in an air-conditioned cars (to and from the meeting point) English-speaking food storyteller
- • Eat very lightly before the tour as there are lots of delicacies to sample followed by a big dinner
- You will visit a religious site throughout this tour, please cover your arms and legs
- Kindly wear comfortable footwear to be able to explore the charm of the city on foot
- Please inform your guide in advance regarding any food allergies you may have
- Please be considerate to co-travelers by arriving on time